Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Letter to the Bank #6


Dear Bank,

I’ve noticed recently how, when I really need a 0% credit card offer those offers simply are not coming in the mail! Why is this? Has this something to do with the current fiscal crisis? Or is it me? Don’t you trust me anymore? Have I ever been less than frank with you? If so I am surely sorry. The very foundations of our relationship depend on complete trust do they not? If I have, in any way, compromised that trust, I am truly remorseful. I know that you, as an upstanding institution, would never tolerate such a stain on your name and would be truly remorseful, and want you to understand that I also have my pride. After all if the trust is gone what do we have left?

If I have in any way caused you to question my responsibility with money, so resulting in this disinclination to extend me further credit, please let me know forthwith and I shall immediately institute steps to resuccitate what I can of our relationship.

Yours most mortified,

K

PS—Do you know the roots of fiscal? Comes from the Latin fiscalis from fiscus basket, treasury. FISCAL means: of or relating to taxation, public revenues…or public debt.
Next I’ll bone up on Aggregate demand. If we should ever go for a meal we’d have lots to talk about! The empty basket and the basket case could have a fine old chat! Do forgive me. Sarcasm is unbecoming in a formal letter. But, sorry to say this, I sometimes feel that I am not dealing with a human being and, if that is the case, what does it matter? That is how despairing, how mortified I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...