Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Letter to the Bank #11


Dear Bank,

I walked into the bank the other day and saw the manager walk by who, though I have banked at this particular institution for nigh on ten years, failed to remember my name. That said I'm pretty awful with names myself so I don't hold this against him. What bothered me more was his bounce! Nobody should be bouncing and jiggling around all happy with a "life is good" air about them when all around people are drowning, floundering, flailing about, unable to meet their gazillion obligations to family, to kids, to friends, to self. He especially shouldn't be showing off his new gold digital fob watch on its platinum chain. I found that especially offensive. This prompts me to go public with some of the letters I have received from your colleagues! I might! I really might! Please have a word with them about their General Demeanor when dealing with the General Public! There's a good chap. Make them bow more. Have them clasp their hands together and rub them all about. I would like that.
Honestly that would make me feel a lot better. They may have more power (if you believe money is power) but allow me to at
least feel a little condescension.

Regards,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...