Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Letter to the Bank #5



Dear Bank,

I am trying a new tactic. How silly of me that I did not take this approach before. I am now sending my letters to my personal branch—my personal branch where they, the letters, will no doubt get personal attention. I am right am I not?

I have included an artwork by my daughter. If my artwork is priceless (which it surely is) then hers is beyond priceless. Still, as is sadly so necessary in our society if one is to survive I have attached a price. The price is that of her home. How reasonable is that? To be more precise the price is what we owe you. As I have said before (and reiterate now) Art is emphatically worth more than money. However for art to put food in the mouths of our children and a roof over their heads it is forced to drop its pants and translate itself into dosh, dough what you will. I asked my daughter what she thought her drawing was worth. She said she’d give it to me in exchange for an ice cream. We brokered our deal and I feel I have made a wonderful investment. You now have the chance to do the same.

If you accept my terms please let me know in the next thirty days. If I do not hear from you in that time I shall assume you do accept my terms and consider our debts cancelled.

Yours sincerely,

K

PS- My daughter loves pumpkins.
PPS- Remember! Art is worth more than money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...