Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Letter to the Bank #12


Dear Bank,

Is it true what they are saying? I heard you were having trouble shoring up your institution? I know plenty of folks out there willing to lend a helping hand (at interest of course), people now jobless, restless and dying for something to do. Is it manual labor you need? Is it the foundations or just a retaining wall?

Yours sincerely,

K


PS By the way you know me, and my love of how words mutate. I looked up retainer the other day:

NOUN (3)

1. a fee charged in advance to retain the services of someone;
[syn: retainer, consideration]

2. a person working in the service of another (especially in the household);
[syn: servant, retainer]

3. a dental appliance that holds teeth (or a prosthesis) in position after orthodontic treatment;

Isn’t that wonderful! As a member of the Bruxist Collective I was quite pleased. Got this definition from the Free Dictionary (www.freedictionary.org).
Please note: FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...