Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Letter to the Bank #4


Dear Bank,

Please don’t tell me you have gone and discarded the drawing I recently sent you? That would seem very clumsy and inefficient especially on the part of a bank that handles so much money the world over. How can I trust you to look after my money if you cannot even respond civilly to a perfectly nice letter and/or take care of its contents? Consider this a slap on the hand but do not worry. I am not going to sue you. I don’t really like that sort of thing. Seems to me that as a culture we are all too quick to jump on peoples' backs as soon as they make the slightest mistake and I am the first to admit that I make mistakes. Still I do think you could’ve been a little more careful and I am sure you can understand that this somewhat diminishes the trust I have in your institution. That said I understand that the artwork came to you unsolicited in the first place! As far as you are concerned it is probably just junk mail! I kind of feel the same about your credit card offers these days. True I have taken advantage of them but now it seems they are taking advantage of me! Note: I didn’t say YOU were taking advantage of me because I still hold out the hope that you, as an upstanding institution would not be so course as to do such a thing.

I am going to let you off the hook! You lost my artwork and that is that but you can be sure I will not be offering you any more of the same. I shall try other banks instead. Perhaps they might be a little more careful. In the back of my mind though, I have to admit I sometimes wonder if you are not actually all the same bank! I know it sounds ridiculous but it isn’t. It is a bit like rolling all those nice brightly colored cylinders of Playdough together until all you are left with is one big dirty color, a color you simply wouldn’t want to work with.

Yours sincerely (if a little disappointed),


K


PS If you are so inclined you might send me the address of your corporate art collection. Perhaps they will be a little more appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...