Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Letter to the Bank #13


Dear Bank,


Zombie banks? What are ZOMBIE banks? Actually you don’t need to tell me. I have an imagination! I’m not so dim as you think! (Pause). There I go taking out my ire and confusion on you, my dear, dear friend. Just because all your friends are driving badly I shouldn’t take it out on you. I know that. Forgive me. You and I are above such things. We have an understanding, a rare thing in this day and age. That said shouldn’t you be out there with your sawn off shotgun? Not only are they tarnishing your name but they are also terrifying! You are scaring away your customers! They certainly make my flesh crawl. They confirm my worst fears. Do you know what that fear is? I’m afraid the local, friendly bank manager of yore has gone for good. And you know what that means, right? People have nobody to turn to for honest, financial assistance, nobody to look to for help with interpreting staggeringly complicated clauses, charts and forms; nobody who can help them/us get our heads around numbers so big they miraculously become…small again! There is nobody out there who we can trust. TRUST used to be the name of the game but trust has dropped through that big black hole in the shiny tiled floor of that tired, fool’s gold spattered institution we all know as The Bank.


Sincerely troubled,


K


PS I wish, just for once, I could write and ask how your holiday in the Bahamas went...but honestly, right now, I can hardly pretend I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...