Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Monday, October 10, 2011

From No Comment Art Show at 23 Wall Street, 10.9.11

The elusive Art read letters to the Bouncy Banker at No Comment Art exhibit in the old J. P. Morgan building on Wall Street Friday night, a block or two from the Occupy Wall Street encampment in Zuccotti Park. PHOTO: Kevin Pyle

In one pop-up performance piece, a man from New Jersey who calls himself Art O’Connor read a mock letter he wrote as a frustrated artist to the banks who have screwed him over. His act was a mixture of frightening rage and vaudeville comedy. Dressed in a tattered suit and roaring from a make-shift soap box, O’Conner looked like he belonged in a Broadway show about the Great Depression. My heartfelt thanks to Hyperallergic for this write up.

1 comment:

  1. Above is one of the stranger comments I've encountered on my blog. The problem is: I have no idea what it means. Have I just been spammed? Are you friendly? Do you like my blog? Are you a business? Are you of the robotic persuasion? Do let me know and perhaps be a little less oblique in your response! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think...