Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Letter to the Bank Manager #79 (The Big Stink)


Dear Mr. Bullrider Esq,

You know what’s been trickling down all these years? Not hope, not work, nothing that could be called a growing return on the average investment of your average working being. What has trickled down is a very bad smell, the stink of corruption. When a body begins to fall apart it will reek and that is clearly happening in the world of finance, and, maybe not as obviously in the world of non-renewable energy, and within the insurance industry. I may be ignorant when it comes to business but I am not stupid. My observations are not based on the massive numbers that get hurled around to the point of being meaningless, changed as they are by the billions from one CEO speech to the next. I’m simply using my eyes. Sometimes it takes years to believe what your eyes have been telling you all along. A Tipping Point of Recognition, of Seeing, has taken place and now the whole world sees it: The Big Stink. Foul play is everywhere and people all over the planet are fed up. I’m willing to believe that the practices now proving to be so damaging to the economy are so ingrained that it may take a little while for you to see the problems you have caused and naturally it is hard to turn the spotlight on yourself and have the courage to admit your own mistakes. Now would be the time to drop your defensive stance and open yourself to criticism. You may see the awful, almost unbearable truth just in time and thus avoid recriminations. You might successfully remove yourself from a lucrative but soul destroying career and point your ambitions toward something the community can not only condone but applaud.

Yours,

Art O’Connor

PS-Your regular correspondent, K.W., is taking a well deserved break from your perpetually unnerving silence on any subject he broaches with you! I’ll hope you’ll listen to me. He has urged me to remain polite even as I am pushed to the limit of my patience with that ugly infrastructure you are a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...