Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Letter to the bank #34


Dear Mr. Bank Manager,

I am taking up a formal tone this morning as I have a formal proposition to make and for once it is entirely altruistic. I'm not asking you to buy my art, or bullying you with interest charges for art you have yet to return to me. I am not asking you to accept as collateral my old washing machine either. No. My suggestion is this: Now that you have been bailed out and are now rolling in it again perhaps you could now bail out the states that are unable to meet this year's budget obligations (see below). Think how swimmingly things would go if these states were not in such a bind. Make it a one time gift. Perhaps each bank could choose a state as a pet project, or a pen pal. Such an altruistic act on your part would only enhance your image and the money spent, considering the banks are no longer in the current recession, would barely make a dent in your expenditures. You know what? I even feel good just for having suggested this!

Yours sincerely,

Kristian Witherkay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...