Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Letter to the Bank #33


Dear BM,

I’m suddenly discovering a world of people out there who appear to be making money…ethically! Not only are they making money but they are also donating money to micro-loan enterprises like Kiva and the Grameen Bank. I’m thrilled to hear it. I’m simplistic enough to assume if money is being made it is at someone else's expense—just about always—shame on me. Well I now stand corrected thanks to folks like those at millionairemommynextdoor

You of course I trust. YOU are my trusted bank manager. I have to trust you. I cannot not trust you! You must understand this. My god! Where would I be if I couldn’t trust my very own bank manager? Perhaps you don’t exist but I have to believe you do. Do you understand? That, after all, is what all these letters are about. I’m willing you into existence. I’m making you happen. I’m laying the groundwork for your materialization. I am like Doctor Frankenstein. If I put all the right ingredients in the bucket and stir I’ll finally have the ethically responsible, smart, considerate, likeable, financially astute bank manager that I have always dreamed of, the one I imagine remembering from my childhood, the one who offered me a lollipop with a kindly smile as my father sat down in a plush red leather chair with brass rivets to talk with him, his trusted financial advisor, an advisor who, only in later years, morphed into a dull computer screen.

Perhaps with my new found faith in the possibility that money can be made without supporting sweatshops, or dictatorships, can be made without treading on the fingers of those below you on the vicious ladder of life (delightful alliteration), I can now consider the possibility of making this, my forum, into some kind of money making concern. Perhaps I too can dare to make money, print it off as and when needed? I can promise you this: My letters will remain reasonably literate, devoid of foul language or adult content (I promise to keep it childish), and free of slander or direct attacks on individuals. I am much more interested in philosophizing around issues of ethics, than pointing my finger directly at certain unscrupulous individuals who have contributed more than their fair share to our collective, current and dire state of affairs.

Yours sincerely,

Kristian C

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's Millionaire Mommy Next Door (Jen) here. I found your post via a Google alert subscription for MMND. I'm still blogging! My blogspot account was hacked into and disabled last October so I had to move to my own hosted domain: http://millionairemommynextdoor.com/. (My first post explains what happened to my blogspot blog -- look in the October 2008 archives.)

    Please come visit me at my new home on the web.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think...