Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Letter to the Bank #27



Dear BM,

I’m having a potluck confessional this coming weekend and I do hope you’ll attend. Its a chance for everyone to let their hair down, let it all hang out, get it off your chest be you banker or artist, finance guy, or modern dancer, because in the end, underneath it all we are all after the same things aren’t we? We all want a roof over our heads, food in our bellies...perhaps where we diverge is how we describe things. Bankers want more stuff, artists want more substance. The difference may seem subtle but the ultimate ends take us to very different places. Once you have all the material things you desire do you not still feel a lack? Once artists have achieved a level of success are they satisfied? Never! Maybe we are not so different after all. Anyway if all goes well I might make this a regular event. Just bring your favorite dish as in your current beef, gripe so forth. Think about who you’d most like to blame for the end of Capitalism for example. For desert maybe supply your guilty pleasures, greatest indulgences. Perhaps you speculated on the value of your home, took out equity, used the (phantom) collateral and applied it to a fabulous vacation instead of ploughing it back into fixing up your abode as any sensible person might’ve. If so you are probably feeling a little ashamed if you are a self flagellating artist, or not in the least bit ashamed if you are an unscrupulous maker of money. Either way help is at hand, help from your suffering peers. Should be fun. Group therapy always is. To give the whole proceedings a little spice I’ll have an ATM machine on hand, well a confession booth/ATM, an ATM what is more that you can only put money into, money I assure you which will go to a worthy cause. This way I figured, if inclined, you could give something back to the community you brutalized (unintentionally, naturally).

Yours,

KC

PS-I know being sincerely sorry for the damage done will be hard for some at first but believe me the resulting relief will be worth all the money you give to, say Habitat for Humanity or Doctors Without Borders. If you give a lot you’ll feel great. I think that is how it works. These are the things that confuse me and that is why I sincerely hope you will come so you can straighten me out on a few points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...