Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Letter to the Bank #19


Dear Banks,

Do you remember when I'd send you a letter that began: Dear BM, and you could be sure it was an expression of my affection? I came across one of these the other day and thought you might enjoy it. To me it is something of a curiosity. Is it possible that I once felt this way?

Dear BM (you old goat you),

Do you know how comforting it is to have one’s very own Bank Manager, an individual dedicated to the guarding of one’s assets, whose only concern is to see them grow and flourish? To know that any time I need you I can be sure to find you at your shiny, dust free desk (god I love the smell of Pledge), and can count on you to direct my accounts, manage my portfolios, and guide those assets to their full potential, and that you will do so with a dedicated, personal touch that is light but ever reassuring. To know that my money has been cosseted from the cradle and so will be all the way to the grave. Let me tell you nothing brings me greater peace of mind. That warm sense of security, and of trust, that I carry within me is fully shared by my family, and the appreciation we feel is heartfelt.

Yours most sincerely,

K


The letter isn’t dated but then none of them are. It is one of a large bundle I came across, each of them, believe it or not, hand typed and signed in fountain pen in that beautiful aquamarine ink it is so hard to find these days. Some I believe were sent and I kept copies, and others I know were returned. I guess personnel changed, and banks got bought up by other banks—and so on and so forth.

One thing is clear—the personal connection has been lost! But I for one will not give up! I’ll shake you by the shoulders, or pour cold water over you, whatever it takes to make you notice me once more!

Sincerely hoping there is someone home,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...