Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Free Lunch by David Cay Johnston

I'm about to embark on a new fun read by David Cay Johnston—FREE LUNCH HOW THE WEALTHIEST AMERICANS ENRICH THEMSELVES AT GOVERNMENT EXPENSE (AND STICK YOU WITH THE BILL).


Surely not? Tell me it isn't true? Here I go reading a book I suspect I already with.


In a country where so many see wealth accumulation as the ultimate goal I know many only cover their ears, and shut their minds to even considering that the above may be true. A country with a president trying to move forward and accommodate change in a fast changing world with rapidly evolving global exchange networks is an enormous threat to the many who wish to keep things just as they are. 

Today is Super Tuesday, and fear of this fast changing world is playing a big part in how the votes are cast. In some ways I empathize. The most wealthy do not even consider themselves bound by borders or by nation states or by patriotism. In a way they are playing a huge chess game with the rest of us. Only a  few of them behave like good global citizens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...