Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

letter to the Bank Manager #87 (Art's Hostile Takeover Bid, or How to be Politely Rude)

Art's Hostile Takeover Bid
Dear Mr. Bullrider,

My notion of biting the hand that feeds has just taken a new twist! Apparently the famous chef, Mario Batali, unintentionally fulfilling Godwin’s Law, just described the bankers as being pretty much as bad as Stalin and Hitler for all the damage they’ve inflicted on the economy. The bankers are taking it rather personally (they protesteth too much methinks!) and are thinking quite seriously about boycotting his restaurants where the banking fraternity are major patrons. Who is biting whose hand I wonder? For better or worse Mr. Batali has apologized. To whom exactly it is hard to say. Having exercised my own chagrin at the generally unscrupulous nature of the banking industry in my numerous letters to you, my dear friend and nemesis, I empathize with Mr. Batali but am reminded that the name calling is a trap that will always backfire. Once again I must emphasize the importance I personally place on maintaining a politely rude stance at all times in order that our civil discourse may continue despite our profound differences.

Sincerely,


Art O’Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...