Letters to the Bouncy Banker...

Letters to the Bouncy Banker...
...from a struggling artiste.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Letter to the Bank #1


Dear Bank,

With the world going to hell in a hand basket I thought it might be nice if we could come to an equitable arrangement concerning my debt. To you I am confident the monnies I owe represent but a drop in the infinite ocean of your holdings and so it is without reservation that I, anxious to maintain my dignity in the face of overwhelming odds, am offering you an artwork. As we all know (who know anything) art is worth more than money (as is all human life) and so it seems more than kind of me to offer you a drawing for your corporate collection the price of which is a mere cancellation of above mentioned debt.

In a rare act and one not likely to be repeated I enclose an original drawing. If you choose to return the drawing that is your prerogative but I urge you to consider your decision carefully. You are drowning in money and I am throwing you the life raft of Art!

However if you should choose to return the enclosed drawing please do so within thirty days or else I will unfortunately be compelled to apply that crude and distasteful mechanism called Interest to our dealings. That Interest shall be in direct proportion to the interest and minimum monthly payment your bank asks of me. This seems fare wouldn’t you say?

I do hope you enjoy the enclosed artwork and decide to acquire it. It will so cheer up your employees and happy employees make for a happy work environment, which as we all know, can only help us all in the end.

Yours sincerely,

K

Enclosed-my first portrait of Bernard Madoff (3" x 3")-ink on post-it-note

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...